The Maryland Writers’ Association
MWA Members Have the Opportunity to Submit to Pen in Hand!
In addition, MWA Members receive:
- Free attendance at monthly Maryland chapter meetings
- Forums to present your creative work
- Reduced fees to MWA-sponsored events
- Participation in MWA’s annual conference
- Marketing opportunities at art and literary festivals
- Links to your website(s) from the state and chapter websites
(excluding Pen in Hand)
- Local critique groups (Maryland residents)
- Literary Contests
Anyone engaged in writing is eligible for full membership. The membership year runs from July 1 through June 30, but new members are accepted throughout the year. Membership dues are not refundable.
Effective January 1, 2010, the Annual Dues are:
- Regular Membership: $40
- Student: $30
- Second in a Household: $30
No prorating. After March 1, membership year is extended through the following year.
Any business or organization offering services and products to writers may become an Associate/Business member of MWA, with Executive Committee approval. Associates/Businesses receive all benefits of membership without voting rights, plus they will be listed in MWA materials. MWA determines membership fee according to a sliding scale based on the entity’s size and profit status. Membership allows for one representative at a time to participate as the member.
- Fewer than 5 employees or non-profit: $75
- 5 – 25 employees: $135 minimum
- More than 25 employees: $200 minimum