Pen in Hand
Pen in Hand is the official literary and art publication of the Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA), published quarterly (January, April, July, October). The publication is comprised of contributions from the MWA Board and MWA members, as well as announcements from Maryland-based literary journals, publishers, reading series, and writers’ associations.
The Maryland Writers’ Association
The Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA) is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the art, business, and craft of writing in all its forms. MWA strives to:
- Bring together aspiring, emerging, and established writers of all genres and disciplines
- Serve as an information and networking resource
- Help members make contacts that lead to publication
- Encourage writers to reach their full potential, and
- Promote writing within Maryland communities
Kirsten O’Neill, Pen in Hand, Editor in Chief
Kit O’Neill is a graduate student in the Master of Fine Arts Creative Writing Program, at Lesley University (fiction). She recently finished illustrating and writing a children’s picture book, which she is hoping to send forth this year. When she is not creating, she can be found either in her garden or hanging out with her rescued dachshunds. She is a writer, artist, photographer, and graphic designer. Member of MWA, SCBWI, and AWP.